Congratulations on your engagement!
You are the expert on your wedding, Ceruti’s wedding consultants are the experts in making your ideas and dreams come to life. Ceruti’s caters and helps plan over 180 weddings annually.
Let our expert wedding planners take the stress and pressure off you and your family. Please take a minute to submit some general information and answer a few questions so that we can create the wedding of your dreams. We are excited to schedule a meeting at your convenience. Click here to fill out our convenient online contact form.
Helpful Wedding Planning Tips
The average wedding takes 250 hours of planning. Most people do not have that much time available and more importantly do not have the experience. Please use these helpful wedding tips to take the stress off you, so that you can get the most from your special day.
TIP #1: GUEST COUNT
It is very important to have a good estimate on the number of guests that will actually attend your wonderful wedding. Take time to sit-down and create your guest list with your fiancé and families. This is very important when determining the location of the reception and establishing a budget. Use the “Guest Count Formula” below:
NUMBER OF INVITATIONS SENT x 2 x 80% = ESTIMATED GUEST ATTENDANCE
(EXAMPLE: 150 INVITATIONS x 2 = 300 x 80% = 240 ESTIMATED GUESTS)
TIP #2: LOCATION DECISION
Before reserving or securing a location be sure to ask the following set of questions.
- What is the total square feet of the banquet space? Please refer to our seating formula chart for proper guidelines.
- What are the dimensions of the guest tables? Example: 60” Round, 8’ Banquet
- Does the facility offer sample floor plans from previous weddings of similar guest count?
- Approximately how large or what size will the dance floor be for my anticipated guest count?
- Does the facility offer tastings/samplings of the menu items?
- What type of uniform/attire does the banquet staff wear?
- How long will it take to serve the meal? (Buffet or Sit-down)
- How many buffet lines will the facility have for my number of guests?
- Is the facility licensed to serve alcoholic beverages?
- Does the provider of alcoholic beverages have liquor liability insurance?
- Will the facility be available throughout the entire day for set up?
- Does the facility offer any “off season” discounts?
- Does the facility provide a written estimate or proposal before taking a deposit?
- What items can and cannot be brought in to the facility?
- Who is responsible for the set up and clean up of the facility?
- What is the ratio of banquet servers to guests? Example 1 banquet server to 35 guests
- Upon request will the facility provide a reference list of their most recent brides?
- Does the facility have a minimum dollar amount requirement?
- Are there any additional fees for parking?
- How many hours do I have for my reception time?
TIP #3: QUALIFY POTENTIAL CATERERS
Check if the caterers on your bid list are licensed and properly insured. Not all caterers have the same aptitude in handling the demands that a great wedding requires. Select a caterer that has extensive wedding experience especially at the site that you may choose.
TIP #4: USE OF RSVP
The benefits of sending out RSVP cards far out-weigh the cost of the printing and postage. Having an accurate guest count can save you from embarrassment in addition to the cost of meals, centerpieces, decorations, etc. You certainly do not want to run out of food or not have enough seating, and at the same time you do not want to pay for something you do not need. Call the guests that have not responded in a timely manner.